According to National Breast Cancer Fund, 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime. For this reason, the mission to continue raising awareness of this disease and its symptoms, and how to effectively treat it is more important now than ever. Thankfully, there are a number of ways to honor Breast Cancer survivors, as well as, those whose lives were tragically cut short. Here are 5 ways to join the fight and show support for Breast Cancer Awareness month.
1) Know A Survivor? Celebrate them. Let the Breast Cancer survivor in your life know how much their courageous fight has inspired you. Surprise them with a meaningful gift as a token of love.
2) Call the girls, and skip your usual weekend brunch. Instead host an at home pink themed brunch, complete with pink beverages and baked goods. Collectively, the money that you all were going to spend at the restaurant can now be donated to a Breast Cancer cause.
3) Whether you’re a fashionista or beautyista, there are numerous ways to show your support this month. From Sephora to athletic retailers to jewelry brands, the options of paying it forward in style are endless.
4) Ready to take your fitness routine a bit further? Make a commitment to train and/or sign up for a Breast Cancer related walk or marathon.
5) Dogs really are a man’s best friend and many have the gift of cheering people up. If this sounds like something your dog has a gift of doing, consider registering them as a therapy dog.